Sentinel Africa Consultancy focuses on bringing out the strategic value that effective Risk Management in an organization can achieve.
We design and build sustainable solutions for our clients’ every-day problems. Our consultants are a blend of best practice professionals in their areas of expertise, with multi-faceted industry and market experience and entrepreneurial spirit.
Enterprise Risk Management
- In an evolving threat landscape, compounded by technological innovation and globalization, it is essential for an organization to ensure it minimizes the number of ‘unknown’ risks it faces and optimize on opportunities to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Our expertise in ensuring your business is able to manage its risk effectively and leverage actionable opportunities is in our very name and forms the cornerstone of our offering; we aim to make our clients win, by protecting value and growing value.
- At Sentinel Africa, we appreciate the uniqueness of risk management in various contexts and industries and aim to support your organization in achieving an effective Risk Management landscape customized to its operations. We map enterprise risk, facilitate Risk Assessment and Risk Treatment Workshops, provide controls implementation support, documentation and further, automation of your Governance, Risk and Compliance, if so desired.
- We are able to deliver risk governance that can provide assurance that your business can adequately anticipate and respond to risks and achieve tangible improvement in your organization’s overall risk culture.
Taking Risk Management to the Next-Level
- Beyond just identifying and mitigating risk, our consultants have a wealth of experience in advising and supporting organizations in implementing proactive structures that enhance the strategic value. We have a deep understanding of Risk Management Frameworks such as ISO 31000 and COSO ERM Framework. These standards provide principles and guidelines for organizations to design implement and audit their Enterprise Risk Management.
- You simply cannot be too careful with the responsibility to ensure the privacy of sensitive and critical information and the security of information systems against security threats.While implementation of controls to manage information security is necessary and is the case in most organizations, their effectiveness can only be assured against how well they are organized and monitored.
- Sentinel Africa is comprised of professionals with years of experience in IT Governance and operations, with in- depth understanding of technology security and data protection and privacy issues. We help organizations identify, manage, protect and optimize its information and information security processes throughout the entire information lifecycle.
- Increasing push for Industry standardization and certification and regulations are driving more businesses towards interrogating their information security posture. Using established methodologies such as the ISO 27001, and innovative technologies to automate your Information Security Management System, we support your business to increase its capabilities to protect information and achieve the marketplace advantage that comes with certification against international best practice standards.
- Business Continuity Management is the organization’s assurance of continued service in the event of disruptive incidents.
- With a Business Continuity Management System, the organization is always prepared. Sentinel Africa as a trusted consultant is able to support organizations in the design, implementation and testing of an effective Business Continuity Management System and Plans.
- Our team has decades of experience in developing structured, business continuity operations to protect from, reduce the impact of and recover from disruptive incidents. We draw on extensive experience serving a wide range of industries and across Africa and the middle east. We are thus able to bring our clients perspective and offer a concentrated level of knowledge and service, providing options that are flexible, adaptable and sustainable.
- With the world a global community, increasingly powered by the Internet and exposed to the cyber space, organizations and Individuals alike have to invest in the protection of their digital assets (Information or Finances) against security breaches and losses resulting from Cyberattacks.
- Sentinel Africa offers you a comprehensive approach to improving or setting up your cybersecurity infrastructure; encompassing technical, process and human components, utilizing well known frameworks such as NIST 800-53 (Cybersecurity Framework).
- We seek to provide guidance focused on ensuring that your cybersecurity is not a strategic business problem but a core contributor to the organizations business and cyber intelligence.
Quality Management and Process Improvement
- As a standard, the ISO 9001 is a one of the more ubiquitous standards. This is because of its importance in ensuring that a Quality Management is integrated into all business processes.
- The standard specifies the requirements for a Quality management System that ensures a business consistently delivers products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Sentinel Africa works collaboratively with clients in Implementing an effective Quality Management System, Certification Preparation (Audit) and training. We also offer organizations transition support from the ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
- Moreover, at Sentinel we support organizations’ efforts to reengineer their processes and controls to be efficient and effective, while focusing on the risks that matter to them most. By understanding their needs, we’re better able to identify gaps and recognize risk while finding opportunities for control improvement and optimization.
Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration testing can be the key to revealing the less obvious holes in an organizations’ control environment, the sort that result in major compromises in the real world.
- Our skilled practitioners, using a mix of automated scans and manual tests work to identify weaknesses and prove their severity and determine the extent the control environment’s potential for compromise. We provide this service by using a methodology that makes use of CREST Framework for running effective penetration testing programme and OWASP among others.
- We offer a wide range of services customized and tailored to your environment; applications and infrastructure as well as your scope including; White Box, Black Box Testing, Application and Network Security Assessments, Interface Security Testing, Controls against Social Engineering and cybersecurity documentation review.
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Consultancy
AML Compliance helps an organization identify, assess, monitor, manage and mitigate the risks associated with money laundering and financing of terrorism.
What We Do
- Conduct Gap Assessment based on AML Global standards and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) Regulations.
- Design AML Risk Assessment Framework
- Conduct an AML Risk Based Assessment
- Develop a Mitigation plan and Recommendation
- Assist the organization to Implement AML requirement to compliance level
- Industry Experience
- Certified Consultants
- Expert Knowledge